This post steps you through activating the console and using it to get specific wargear during a mission.
- Edit the shortcut to launch the game to add the -dev switch after DOW2.EXE.
- Here, you can also use the -nomovies switch if you want to skip all the trademark and intro movies.
- During a mission, open the console by pressing the tilde key ( ~ )
- Type in this command.
World_DropWargearAtPosition(Game_GetLocalPlayer(), "(wargear name here)", Misc_GetCameraPos())
- This causes one unit of wargear to drop where your game camera is located. You should see it near the bottom of your screen. You will need to replace "(wargear name here)" with the path and filename of the wargear. For example, "wargear\\wargear\\campaign\\playable\\race_marine\\sm_acc_frag_grenade_packveterans_grenades" gives you the Master-Crafted Grenades.
- To get a list of wargear, you can look at the inventory.lua file in this mod which gives you all unique pieces of wargear.
- You can also paste a line from the Windows clipboard by typing it elsewhere first (e.g., in Notepad), then highlighting it and pressing Ctrl-C to copy to clipboard. Then just Ctrl-V to paste.