Neverwinter Nights 2 - Original Campaign - Walkthrough Part 3 - Highcliff, Shandra's Farm, Highcliff Castle Ruins, Lizardfolk Cave
This is one of a series of walkthroughs/hints for Neverwinter Nights 2 (Original Campaign). Click here for a listing of all our guides for Neverwinter Nights 2.
- As you head up the stairs from shore to HighCliff, the camera will zoom closer to your characters and you will find you can't zoom back out. To reset this, switch to Exploration or Strategy Mode, and use your middle mouse button to change the viewing angle. The zoom should reset to normal relative to your current altitude.
- You can sometimes steal a bit of gold from the randomly generated villagers who come and go from buildings you cannot enter. Most of the time, they have nothing on them, however.
- There are cheap hats/helmets for sale that provide Concentration +2 for your spellcasters.
This is an entirely scripted scene. No action occurs here at this time.
Highcliff Castle Ruins
- Slann as a temporary companion can be affected by normally enemy-only area effect spells such as Body of the Sun. Like Commander Tann at the Graveyard, keep him out of your way by right-clicking on him and issuing him a command to Stand Your Ground.
- This location is only accessible if you kill Slann or attack the lizardmen when Slann takes you to meet them. If you negotiate a deal with them, the Cave does not show on your overland map and you cannot travel to it.
- Killing the lizardmen is worth about 1,290 xp at ECL 7, plus some good treasure which can, if nothing else, be sold for lots of gold. Of particular note is the Major Circle of Blasting worn by the Lizardfolk Shaman.