Neverwinter Nights 2 - Original Campaign - Walkthrough Part 7 - Shandra's Farm, Ember, Githyanki Base
This is one of a series of walkthroughs/hints for Neverwinter Nights 2 (Original Campaign). Click here for a listing of all our guides for Neverwinter Nights 2.
- If you don't want to be pressed for time to leave the house (after the final fight, the house is set on fire), lure the githyanki away from Shandra first before attacking. This way, you have time to pick up loot before re-approaching Shandra for plot-event-advancing dialogue.
- If you give the dagger to Marcus, he will return it later as a magic dagger.
- After rescuing Shandra, you will get a cutscene that transitions you to Act II and the Skymirror area will be closed.
- As you head up the slope to the cave entrance, the camera will zoom closer to your characters and you will find you can't zoom back out. To reset this, you can try switching to Character Mode and then switching back to Exploration or Strategy Mode; or use the console command "freecam". This works like a toggle, so use the command twice before leaving the console.
- Succubi (demon)
- Lots here and probably more easily defeated with magic if you do not have the requisite Alchemical Silver weapons to overcome their Damage Resistance.
- Neeshka's Sneak Attack is probably about +5d6 and there can be some damage left over after their Damage Reduction.
- Mephasm (devil)
- Influence can be gained if you heed your companion's warnings, but only one companion can speak before the Mephasm dialogue. In order of precedence, they are: Neeshka and Casavir. No other companion talks about Mephasm.
- If your Spellcraft is high enough, you can impress Grobnar with your knowledge of collapsing interdimensional portals in dialogue.
- Whether you pass or fail the conversation skill checks makes no difference.
- If you outwit him in conversation and cause him to be banished, you get no XP.
- An interesting dialogue occurs if you can successfully use Diplomacy on her, then follow the thread about her hiding information. If you fail a Bluff but have Neeshka in the party, she can succeed for you. This leads to defections during the fight (2 Githyanki Guards disappear) but less treasure -- no Adamantine Heavy Shield or Bracers of Armor +4.
- Her portal can be collapsed by the Interdimensional Sphere given to you by Mephasm, or by attacking the spines. All the spines must be collapsed. Two fireballs should be enough to destroy the entire structure as each fireball can hit all the spines.
- Before you collapse Zeeaire's portal, you can cast area-effect spells that include her location inside the portal. Once the portal is collapsed, she will initially be inside this area and immediately be affected.
- If you collapse the portal and bring her into the fight, then kill her quickly, the entire encounter ends and all remaining githyanki minions die -- but you only get XP for killing Zeeaire. If you kill the other githyanki first, you will find that Zeeaire's spells and attacks are actually very weak.