Neverwinter Nights 2 - Mask of the Betrayer - Walkthrough Part 3 - Act III - Betrayer's Gate, The Crusade, The Betrayer and finale.
This is one of a series of walkthroughs/hints for Neverwinter Nights 2 (Mask of the Betrayer). Click here for a listing of all our guides for Neverwinter Nights 2 and Expansions.
- Just before you enter the Betrayer's Gate, Gann and Safiya can improve your Influence feats with them to Love.
- Safiya's Love (feat 1898) gives you Spell Resistance 35 which overrides your racial Spell Resistance. Because your Racial SR is about 11 + level depending on your race, this can be a downgrade since you are probably level 30 or nearly so. You can use the console to adjust your Racial SR using the monk's epic Spell Resistance feats (699 to 708), each of which increments your Spell Resistance by 2.
- The same probably happens for Dreamer's Heart (2061), which is the corresponding feat from Gann if you are female.
- The Crusade is divided into three events, and whether you support or betray the Crusade basically lets you go through mirror events.
- After the initial encounter at the Supplicant's Gate, your choice of the next encounter will determine what shows up at the Wall of the Faithless where your soul is located. Whatever you choose, at this endgame stage, nothing really makes any difference unless.
- I recommend you play through both scenarios since they take very little time.
- The City of the Dead is a very good place to cut loose with your Spirit Eater powers because transits from one site to another require zero days but fully rest you (and therefore restore all uses of your Spirit Eater powers). If you run up your Craving, you can therefore quite safely transit back and forth and use Suppress to bring it back down.
- More or less straightforward fighting. The minions go down easily from area effect magics, so hopefully you will have Safiya, Gann, or Kaelyn with you.
- Once in the final confrontation with the Betrayer, when he starts up his area effect power, he cannot be harmed, and instead has a sort of negative energy damage shield that can output a lot of damage. Instead, kill the smaller spawned version of him.