Neverwinter Nights 2 - Storm of Zehir - Walkthrough Part 2 - Chult
This is one of a series of walkthroughs/hints for Neverwinter Nights 2 (Storm of Zehir). Click here for a listing of all our guides for Neverwinter Nights 2 and Expansions.
- You need to be doing Akila's quest (Neverwinter City, Thayan Enclave) to ultimately be able to reach this area.
- To kill the two enemies here, you need to fight on both sides and kill both. If you leave one down ("Near Death") for too long, it will be healed by the other. You can prevent this by continuing to inflict damage, but neither will die until both are down.
- Once through, you can go to Hotenow Cave and Zecorian's Demense (and other areas).
- You need to be doing Akila's quest (Neverwinter City, Thayan Enclave) to ultimately be able to reach this area (by going through the Foreign Temple). It has very useful AC +4 and Weapon Enchantment +3 recipes.
- If you are ready for Chult, you may be ready for One of Many, if you want to kill it. The key is to keep moving to stay out of its DC 37 fear aura. Whoever it is pursuing should flee while the others hit it with spells. It has 50% Concealment, so use spells that don't require a hit roll.
- A tough area without really outstanding loot for your trouble. The Vampire Lords can critical hit for over 100 points of damage. Lure them to the doorway and block them with a high-AC character with a critical hit immunity buff like Living Undeath then rain spells to clear them.
- Master Infiltrator
- If you can get all the way to the summit without being detected, you will get bonus XP and this history feat. To get past the third level, leave your party in the lobby in which you first arrive, and solo with a Rogue (there are a LOT of epic traps here) until you unlock and reach the exit. As long as just one character leaves the level, the others will also go through, without actually having to walk to the exit.
- Herald of Zehir - If you are not protected against death magic (e.g., with the Death Ward spell), it can cast a powerful Destruction and instant-kill characters that fail their saves. It can inflict big critical hits as well.
- Remember to talk to Zehir (the floating eyes) after you clear this area.